Thursday, November 15, 2012

don't eat that yellow snow.

Ladies and Gents. I am here to report from first hand experience:

 SNO CONES MADE WITH REAL SNOW ARE IN FACT DELICIOUS.

I've been thinking about trying this out a lot lately (see Tuesday's Post), but finally found someone willing to go along with my somewhat crazy idea :)

Are you grossed out?

(I was actually pretty surprised by a few of the reactions I received when I excitedly told people about this endeavor. . . Apparently not everyone is as keen on eating snow as I am. hahaahaha-who knew?) 
Oh well. Their loss :)

Since we (my trusty accomplice, Kyle, and myself) were feeling daring, we even decided to make our own sno cone syrup! 
I found a recipe online which was actually pretty simple: 
sugar, water and a packet of any flavor kool-aid--we used strawberry.

While the syrup was cooling, we went on a hunt to find some GOOD CLEAN snow.

This proved to be a little difficult, since it hasn't snowed in a couple days, but we were up for the challenge! AND after only a little bit of searching we were able to find some that was the PERFECT texture (crunchy, but not too icy).


We poured our home-made syrup (which turned out quite well I might add) onto the snow (using a funnel) and then drizzled sweetened condensed milk on top.


NOTE: THE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK ON THE TOP IS CRUCIAL. 

(don't mind my CRAZY hair in the picture above ;)) 

All in all, I would say this experiment was a SUCCESS.
I'm actually hoping it will snow again soon (this is rare) so I can have some more! YUM.


Oh what a life I live!




1 comment: