Monday, January 16, 2012

Exploring: Under the JC!

PICTURES HAVE ARRIVED!! 
On Sunday I was able to go to Hebrew U for a little bit
to upload pictures! 
So...if you have a second, 
look through some of my old posts
and check out the pics!! 

Since I wasn't able to stay very long
(with the internet in which I was allowed to upload pics)
I uploaded some and am just now going back to add the words later.

SO...here you have it:

A few days ago
we had a special treat.

A tour of Jerusalem Center
....underground!

It was pretty cool. 
Iran Hyatt
 (the director of the JC and the Jerusalem Study Abroad Program)
was our tour guide.

He's worked here here
....for a long time (around 20 years I believe)
so he knows LOTS of cool facts about the Jerusalem center
and how it came to be.

(He started in the security department
and then eventually became the head honcho!)

He's a great guy
and he's hilarious! 

Here's the back of Sterling's head as our group is going through the door that leads to under the center.
We were excited! 

There is a tradition for students to write their names on the walls/
pipes under the building.
I looked and looked 
for names of people I knew.

...until I found....


I decided it was only fitting
to sign next to Annie!! 

(...although I have to say I'm very curious as to why 
it says 
"George Bush"
at the bottom. 
ahahaha.) 

Me in my cute hard hat
pointing at my name next to Ann's!


I looked and looked for the name
of my dear dear cousin Madi
who came last winter.

BUT I COULDN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!! :(
And believe me
I looked HARD!

I had to settle for the next best thing...
the name of Megan Brink,
Madi's  Jeru roommate that I hung out with a few times this past semester! 

While under the center Iran told us 
a crazy story
about how the only way they were able to 
remove the dirt on Mt. Scopus in order to build the center
was using a donkey
pulling load after load of dirt away.

Crazy huh?!
(The process took about a month.)

[We took a group picture after the tour
but it's on someone else's camera...
so when I get it from her I will add it here :)]

It was a good day! 


1 comment: